The structure of the program is based on the notion that the best learning environment for children is one in which knowledge, skills and Jewish life experiences are acquired through a variety of activities using the child’s senses. Through Alef Bet and Montessori learning tools, music, textbooks, games, and visual aids, children will experience their heritage and develop their Hebrew literacy in an ongoing gradual process.
This program helps embrace Jewish identity by allowing children to explore and make a connection to their roots and traditions in an exciting manner.
Age: 3 years to 10 years (**including conversational Hebrew)
In the Hebrew Component of the program your child will:
- Learn to communicate in Hebrew at his/her own pace and simultaneously expand vocabulary in subjects related to everyday life experience
- Acquire letter and vowel recognition
- Learn how to read and write in Hebrew
- Be exposed to children's literature in Hebrew
- Develop fine motor skills which lead to writing and reading
Jewish Montessori includes a judaic program covering:
- Jewish holidays
- Jewish values and ethics
- Parashat Hashavuah (Torah stories and its moral)
- Childrens’ literature
- Practical life activities in our Jewish home
Age 7 years-12 years (**not including Conversational Hebrew)
- Reading and writing Hebrew
- Knowing and understanding Hebrew through prayer
- Jewish Holidays
- The Jewish Life Cycle
- Jewish History
- Values and Ethics
** It is recommended that parents who are interested in their children learning conversational Hebrew enroll their children at as early an age as possible in the 3-10 year old group.